Wednesday, September 27, 2006

83. More Than Meets The Eye

Right if you're like any other guy who's actually a geek at heart, heading over to the cinema for the past few years surely seeing your innermost wildest dreams come true. Kinda like waking up to find the nubile Jessica Alba sleeping snugly beside you in the morning.

Excuse this mental impasse....the mere mention of the Jessica Alba gives cause for a moment of silence in respect of that hotness personified...but honestly though, for me, no one can surprass Laura Palmer as the ultimate famous person fantasy. Laura who? Well, if you don't know who that is, then surely you are damned. Alright, so she's not actually a real person, but it's my bloody fantasy so I make up my own rules. Twin Peaks was the greatest thing ever on the telly, I dare you to disagree.

Ah, but I digress. What I mean by having your dreams fulfilled is seeing your ultimate childhood faves come to life on the big screen. Top of the bunch would be the brilliant celluloid adaptation of The Lord of the Rings (though, in retrospect I felt that The Two Towers was rather ponderous and The Return of the King was slightly clunky, only elevated to true greatness due to the build-up and actual Battle of Pelennor Fields...The Fellowship of the Ring is hands down the best of the bunch).

Then comic book fans had rather well-made screen versions of Spiderman and X-Men. Not to mention a kick-ass Batman (can't wait for Ledger as Joker in The Dark Knight! WORD). And for once, we had a Star Wars prequel that was worthy of being called a Star Wars film.

And now, now we have The Transformers. Fuckin' more than meets the eye fellas. I can almost forgive the fact that Michael Bay is directing. It's the fucking Transformers man. Optimus Prime. Megatron. Freaking Unicron...UNICRON!!! Holy shit-o-rama! Woo hoo!!! It's just way too cool to see those big giant robots transforming into shit. No way did I think I'd see a non-animated Transformers movie in this lifetime!!!

So we geeks patiently wait for Summer 2007. And I'm sure somewhere out there, there lies a untapped script of boundless potential titled The Thundercats. The who? Well, I'll tell you who...Thunder...Thunder...Thundercats!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!





You know I'm bad-ass

No comments: