Tuesday, October 16, 2012

250. Truest Grit

My 12 year-old niece whines everyday about having to go to school. About having to go to tuition. About having to do exams. She also whines about not having the latest iPhone and iPad.

When I was her age, I had my share of whinging. Probably not as much, but yeah, I was a right spoilt brat I was. Those days it wasn't about an i-gadget, more like the latest Nintendo game. A Super Contra here. A Ninja Gaiden there. Hell, who can forget the awesome Lifeforce from Konami?

Yep, I wanted 'em all. Those were the sweet days when Nintendo ruled over all...the halcyon days of gaming, if you will. Who can forget Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

Anyway, I digress.

If you've been following the story of Malala Yousafzai, you probably know where this is headed. I'll leave you to it.

No comments: